MONTHLY EVENT – 2017 EOY DINNER
WISE hosts monthly career seminar sand skill-building workshops. Each month during the academic year, WISE coordinates and hosts an event to foster growth and excellence in scholarship, teaching and service. Events include networking sessions, seminars, workshops, outreach, and social events.
Past events have included:
- How to Get into Graduate School AND Pay for It
- Neuroscience Careers – Panel
- How to Find and Win Scholarships
- Science and Policy
- How to Write a Winning Resume (specific to STEM students)
- How to Network at a Conference
- Artificial Intelligence and Science Fiction
- Tour of Caterpillar, Inc.
- Tour of the Chicago Chocolate Company
- How to Build a Science Career – Panel
- Reading and Discussion with Susan F. King, Architect and author of Only Girl Architect – Lonely
Have an idea on what we should do next? We take requests!
2017 End of the Year Dinner – TUESDAY, APRIL 4th, 5pm-7pm
- Leslie Carnahan receives the American Association for Cancer Research’s (AACR) Scholar-in-Training award
- Award for Graduate Research Leslie Carnahan
- Dr. Stacie Geller was recently honored as the “Women for Science, Vision & Impact” awardee by ACWIS.
- Lillian Oluchi Nwigwe presented her research poster
- 2018 Alice J. Dan Dissertation Award Recipient
- BIRCWH (31)
- CoE (36)
- News-CoE (29)
- CRWG (95)
- Uncategorized (25)
- WISE (50)
1640 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60608
- No events