For almost twenty years, the Center for Research on Women and Gender (CRWG) WISE program has focused on the status of women in the sciences and engineering at UIC:
• In 1991, CRWG sponsored a conference on access to careers in science for women, “Changing Women/Changing Science.” An important outcome of the conference was the creation of the WISENET listserv, a resource for information sharing and networking
• The Committee for Institutional Cooperation WISE Initiative was also launched bringing together advocates for women in science and engineering from across 15 campuses
• In 1997, UIC was awarded funding by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to examine pedagogy and curriculum reform in the sciences, “Professing Science by and for Women”
• In 1999, UIC hosted the “Young Women in Science and Technology” conference
• In 2001, UIC co-sponsored, “Balancing the Equation: Women and Girls in Science and Technology
• In 2003, WISE launched the WISEST initiative which focuses on increasing women faculty in STEM departments
• In 2006, NSF selected UIC to receive a $3.3 million NSF ADVANCE Award over a five-year period which currently funds WISEST.
• In 2011, WISE received the 2009 Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring.
- CRWG Hosts 4th Annual Women’s Health Research Day
- Save the Date and Register now for our 4th Annual Women’s Health Research Day!
- Yamile Molina, Assistant Professor joined the Women’s March to Protest Trump’s Inauguration
- Dr. Pauline Maki Appears in NAMS Video
- 2016 Dan Dissertation Research Awards Announced
- BIRCWH (26)
- CoE (33)
- News-CoE (28)
- CRWG (88)
- Uncategorized (16)
- WISE (49)
1640 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60608
- No events