The WISE program works with K-12 schools and community groups to expose pre-college students to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers. These are excellent opportunities for WISE women to volunteer with younger students.
To sign up to be a WISE Ambassador, please fill out our short application.
WISE Ambassadors will be asked to:
- Assist during campus visits: This could mean speaking on a panel, leading a small group on a tour, assisting students with hands-on activities and other tasks WISE staff may request.
- Join WISE staff to visit a school or community group: This could mean speaking to students about your experience as a STEM student, leading a hands-on activity and other tasks WISE staff may request.
- Help judge a science fair: We get requests from area schools asking for students, staff and faculty to help judge science fairs from first graders to high school students.
- 2015 Dan Award Call for Proposals
- 2nd Annual Women’s Health Research Day Call for Abstracts
- New! WISE Graduate Student Research Award
- Former BIRCWH scholar Julienne Rutherford’s paper inspires Society of American Archaeology to implement sexual harassment initiatives
- WISE Girls Who Code featured in UIC News
- BIRCWH (16)
- CoE (16)
- News-CoE (13)
- CRWG (66)
- Recent Publications (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
- WISE (44)