The WISE program works with K-12 schools and community groups to expose pre-college students to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers. These are excellent opportunities for WISE women to volunteer with younger students.
To sign up to be a WISE Ambassador, please fill out our short application.
WISE Ambassadors will be asked to:
- Assist during campus visits: This could mean speaking on a panel, leading a small group on a tour, assisting students with hands-on activities and other tasks WISE staff may request.
- Join WISE staff to visit a school or community group: This could mean speaking to students about your experience as a STEM student, leading a hands-on activity and other tasks WISE staff may request.
- Help judge a science fair: We get requests from area schools asking for students, staff and faculty to help judge science fairs from first graders to high school students.
- BIRCWH Seminar featuring Dr. Pauline Maki on November 18th, 2014
- Dr. Sadia Haider’s co-authored chapter published in first edition textbook
- WISE bringing Girls Who Code to UIC!
- BIRCWH associate Melissa Lamar receives travel scholarship
- Tonda Hughes appointed to Associate Dean of Global Health in UIC College of Nursing