Visiting Senior Research Specialist – Center for Research on Women and Gender
The UIC Center of Research on Women and Gender (CRWG) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Visiting Senior Research Specialist. The individual selected for this position will contribute to the development and implementation of research and evaluation activities at Center. The candidate must have experience with grant writing and dissemination of research related to women’s health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, initiate and develop proposals for research and evaluation projects, both independently and by assisting other scholars, including collaboration and coordination with one or more investigators.
- Write and assist in writing grant proposals to funding agencies: assemble documentation, secure necessary university authorizations, and author, co-author and/or edit grant proposals.
- Develop protocols and monitor the execution of research and evaluation projects, including implementation of data collection, data analysis, and assisting with reporting requirements.
- Disseminate research results through publications and presentations.
- Provide expertise around quantitative and qualitative research and program evaluation within the department and with collaborating partners.
- Make recommendations for women’s health research areas that should be investigated.
- Other duties as assigned by the CRWG Director.
- Candidates for this position must have a doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent) in public health or a related field and at least five years of research/evaluation experience. Research related to women’s health or sex/gender-based differences in health required.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable about current developments and research findings in rapidly-changing health science disciplines; able to evaluate their potential applicability to research and service program; and able to adapt them for use in execution of new research.
- Candidates must have experience with grant writing and dissemination of research through publications and presentations.
- Candidates must demonstrate high-level skills in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative research methodology and evaluation.
- Candidates must have excellent writing skills.
- Candidates must be able to work with researchers from many fields, and in a multidisciplinary, multicultural context. Candidates must also be comfortable working with community groups and community agencies.
- Previous experience leading evaluation or research projects, and experience supervising project staff, including undergraduate and graduate students, strongly preferred.
This is a full time position. The position will begin on February 16, 2015. For fullest consideration, submit a cover letter, CV, and names and addresses of three references, by December 26, 2014. Please apply through the following link: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=47012&job=visiting-senior-research-specialist-crwg
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.