CRWG Research and Programs
We Work With
- Women’s groups
- Girls’ groups
- Feminist advocates
- Policymakers: elected officials and business leaders
- Foundations and other funding agencies
- Schools and other organizations committed to gender equity
- UIC students and faculty
- Health agencies
Programs and Activities
The UIC Women in Science and Engineering Program seeks to increase and advance women students and faculty in science, technology, engineering and math. WISE programming targets undergraduate and graduate students as well as girls at the pre-college level (Kindergarten through high school).
UIC was designated a National Center of Excellence by the U.S. Public Health Services’ Office on Women’s Health, Department of Health and Human Services, in the fall of 1998. Our Program is designed to integrate biomedical expertise with a grass roots women’s health vision. It emphasizes partnerships – across disciplines and professions, academic with community, and health care provider with patient.
The overall purpose of the BIRCWH program is to institutionalize a generative scholar training program that will optimize the success of junior faculty in developing a substantive and sustained research program in women’s health science. Evaluation and Technical Assistance The Center can be contracted to provide evaluation and technical assistance services for health agencies conducting community-based health interventions or disease prevention programs targeting women and girls.
Our bi-annual electronic newsletter, Building Research Connections (BRC), includes articles about CRWG staff and events, as well as current scholarship related to women and girls.
The Alice J. Dan Dissertation Award seeks to encourage original and significant research about gender and/or women by UIC students. The award is open to UIC doctoral students in any field.
- 2015 Dan Dissertation Research Awards Announced
- WISE PROGRAM RECEIVES WEPAN Women in Engineering Program Award
- Staff Member Kristine Zimmermann presented at the National Rural Health Association Annual Meeting
- Staff Member Leslie Carnahan Presents Research at Academy Health Meeting
- Women’s Health Research Day Winners
- BIRCWH (18)
- CoE (20)
- News-CoE (17)
- CRWG (71)
- Recent Publications (1)
- Uncategorized (6)
- WISE (45)