Leadership and Mentoring
The Center for Research on Women and Gender and National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health are committed leadership and mentoring for women and under-represented minorities across disciplines.
Our Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) program, which supports pre-college, undergraduate, and graduate students interested in or pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
Our Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women’s Health (BIRCWH) program is an NIH-funded, multidisciplinary career development developed to support junior faculty researchers conducting research in women’s health.
The CRWG also led the development of the Women in Science and Engineering System Transformation (WISEST) initiative, developed to promote the number, participation, and leadership status of women in academic science and engineering at UIC.
- CRWG Collaborates on Needs Assessment to Prevent Maternal Mortality in Tanzania
- BIRCWH Seminar featuring Dr. Pauline Maki on November 18th, 2014
- Dr. Sadia Haider’s co-authored chapter published in first edition textbook
- WISE bringing Girls Who Code to UIC!
- BIRCWH associate Melissa Lamar receives travel scholarship