Leadership and Mentoring
The Center for Research on Women and Gender and National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health are committed leadership and mentoring for women and under-represented minorities across disciplines.
Our Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) program, which supports pre-college, undergraduate, and graduate students interested in or pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
Our Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women’s Health (BIRCWH) program is an NIH-funded, multidisciplinary career development developed to support junior faculty researchers conducting research in women’s health.
The CRWG also led the development of the Women in Science and Engineering System Transformation (WISEST) initiative, developed to promote the number, participation, and leadership status of women in academic science and engineering at UIC.
- 2015 Dan Award Call for Proposals
- 2nd Annual Women’s Health Research Day Call for Abstracts
- New! WISE Graduate Student Research Award
- Former BIRCWH scholar Julienne Rutherford’s paper inspires Society of American Archaeology to implement sexual harassment initiatives
- WISE Girls Who Code featured in UIC News
- BIRCWH (16)
- CoE (16)
- News-CoE (13)
- CRWG (66)
- Recent Publications (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
- WISE (44)