- Dr. Pauline Maki will present the BIRCWH Seminar titled “Sex Differences in Alzheimer’s Disease” on November 18th. The seminar will be held in the College of Medicine Research Building in Room 2175 at 11:00 AM. The seminar will last approximately one hour and no RSVP is necessary. Click here for more information!
- Former BIRCWH scholar Julienne Rutherford will be presenting this week at the annual Cusp Conference, held at the Museum of Contemporary Art. The theme of the conference is “The Design of Everything” and she will be discussing the womb to womb nature of development and health.
- Former BIRCWH scholar Julienne Rutherford is participating in the National Academy of Sciences Kavli Frontiers of Science Chinese-American Symposium, held in Beijing, 10/9/14-10/14/14. The Academy’s Kavli Frontiers of Science symposia bring together outstanding young scientists to discuss exciting advances and opportunities in a broad range of disciplines. Annual Kavli Frontiers symposia are held for young scientists in the U.S. and bilateral symposia have included young researchers in the U.K., Germany, France, Japan, China, Indonesia, and India. Since its inception, 136 program “alumni” have been elected to the NAS and eight have won Nobel Prizes.
- CRWG Collaborates on Needs Assessment to Prevent Maternal Mortality in Tanzania
- BIRCWH Seminar featuring Dr. Pauline Maki on November 18th, 2014
- Dr. Sadia Haider’s co-authored chapter published in first edition textbook
- WISE bringing Girls Who Code to UIC!
- BIRCWH associate Melissa Lamar receives travel scholarship